One of those conversations included special talents that we have that have no lucrative value whatsoever. Example...Brandon can smell something and describe it in a wacky but perfectly spot on way--"smells like a wet dog that ate some parmesan." Okay I can't think of a good example, I'll start taking notes from now on. Anyway...
One of my special talents would be a food/restaurant critic. I love going out to eat and I always find myself dying to fill out a comment card after. I like to let people know what I liked and how the food or service could be better... this is only in a restaurant situation, don't worry! Have I ever been sent by the local paper to dine free at a restaurant and write a review column? No.
Have I ever had the satisfaction of filling out a restaurant comment card? No. Have I ever had the guts to ask for one? No.
Here's the comment card I would have filled out about last night's restaurant experience.
1. CUSTOMER SERVICE--excellent. 6 out of 5 stars. Why?
- our waiter checked on us OFTEN (which was good cause I needed way more toppings for my salad)
- IMMEDIATELY gave us ice water WITH LEMON and STRAW
- gave extra napkins
- gave us our own salsa bowls for dipping chips
- apologized for the "cook in training" for forgetting the aforementioned salad toppings.
2. ATMOSPHERE--excellent. 5 stars
- not too cold or too hot
- very stylish decor and menus
- booth seating
- no loud or annoying music
3. FOOD--fair. 2 stars
I ordered the strawberry chicken salad with sugared almonds, tortilla strips, bacon bits and poppy seed dressing. Sounds fun doesn't it? Did I already mention it was served without the almonds, tortilla strips, or bacon? (good thing I memorized my entree selection.) Of course, this was easily remedied by the waiter as mentioned above but something more unforgivable...it was served on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce (think taco filler). Salads these days have got to be GREEN. Throw some spinach leaves in there or at least some Romaine, please!! I went to all the trouble to resist the smothered fried chimichanga--at least make my healthy selection actually look healthy!
The strawberries could have been fresher and the chicken tasted like a refrigerator. So, I just had to load on extra dressing and nuts. Yeah, so much for being healthy. The chips and salsa were my favorite although the salsa tasted like it came out of a jar. Always best to go with fresh salsa! My advice to the manager in 2 words: GREEN and FRESH.
4. PRICE--excellent. 5 stars.
- We took advantage of our buy one get one free entree coupon!
- This month's special was FREE fried ice cream with every entree!
- Our total food bill came to $10! (plus a great tip for great service)
All in all a pretty good deal for some good conversation.
Do you have any special but unmarketable skills? Are you as picky about your food and restaurant experiences as I am? Do you ever go out to eat?