Monday, August 15, 2011

On the Road Again


A chance to see cousins always makes for a great weekend getaway. We were excited to meet up with our NJ cousins on their trek out West.




Our first annual marshmallow shooter party. Too bad I couldn't aim for nothin' 'cause it sure looked fun to pop some uncles in the head with those fluffy little pellets. Cannon's tummy was more stocked with ammo. than his gun.

Next on the docket was the parade, and boy it was a HOT one.
A garbage can provided the only scrap of shade around. My favorite float was the one handing out ice cold bottled water.


We don't usually get to join cousins for their birthday parties so it was great to be able to join Anika for hers. It's no wonder she wanted to go skating for her special day--she is really good
and fast on those skates.
Brynn was looking glassy-eyed by the end of the party. She was spiking a temperature of 103 so it was time to pack up and make a quick exit.

I think it's time we stayed home for awhile so the sick one can rest and the rest can work-- on this...


5 comments:

TisforTonya said...

we were sad to miss the festivities :( but now that we found out H has Strep we're kind of glad our weekend didn't allow for travel...

unfortunately that means we've exposed everyone at Back to School night, church, etc.. instead...

Megz said...

Your yard looks like a lot of work. I think I'd be leaving home a lot more just so I didn't have to look at it!
Too bad you don't have any pix of your awesome backwards skating skills. I'll have to check my cell for any....
and how great is that picture of me? I wanna retake.

cold cocoa said...

Wow- that is some amazing dirt! It does look fun to play in though.
I'm glad you could come to the party too. It was a good weekend. Get better Brynn!!

Sherie Christensen said...

You have backwards skating skills? You are so cool. I'm sorry we missed seeing you. I don't really envy you the yard project but it will be great when it's done!

stephanie said...

I tried to leave a comment a couple of days ago but encountered problems.

The marshmallow wars look exciting.