1. BD found out that the pain in his side is officially a cracked rib. This is what happens when a few nice guys get together for some early morning church ball. SLAM, Craack. No more of that or golf or tennis or the like for 4 more weeks. He received his diagnosis after he had already committed us to play in an adult co-ed soccer game.
2. I went anyway and was lucky not to receive my own injury. Co-ed?? Let's just say I was the only one with c-section scars, a shirt to cover them, and a verbal filter. What I should have done was go with my gut and go back home!!! Instead I played?? It wasn't so bad and the guys showed me some mercy by not plowing me over.
3. On the subject of guts, I checked out "Wheat Belly" from the Bookmobile this week. I have a thing for health and nutrition books. I think they're fascinating and I want to put this one to the test but not before making my favorite cookies of the season Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting (from Taste Buds Are the Best Buds.)
4. BD headed to the the BYU game and took the 2 olders. That left me with the youngers. It was kind of a fun new parenting experience to have just them. We did younger kid things like happy meals and watching the Lorax and snuggling. BD and the olders did older kid things like waking up early and going on an 8 hour!!! hike.
4. Enjoyed a weekend of the "Good Word." I came away with my faith renewed and strengthened. And it did my heart good to spend time with my sweet niece and her little family who made the little road trip to join us.
5. We all went Pumpkin Patching.