Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Taste of the City


Last Friday I had a meeting at the state's office of education regarding foreign exchange policies for the upcoming school year. Road trip to the city! I took a couple of kids out of school and we had a fun day visiting a couple of places that my taste buds miss the most.


 This here is a liege waffle topped with creme fraische, blueberries, and drizzled with Belgian chocolate from Bruge's waffle house. Absolutely delicious.
We visited my niece Annie in the new house they are renting.
I went to my meeting. ho hum.
On our way home, we had dinner at my favorite Chinese Restaurant. My current home town is seriously lacking in good Chinese food, in my opinion, or this place has just spoiled me for life. While we were in the neighborhood we drove past the humble little red brick house I grew up in....
Goodness!! she is looking much healthier these days! This is not actually the house I grew up in but the one that now stands in its place. With all the improvements, I was glad to see that my old tree fort in the front corner remained undisturbed.






No comments: