Adrie turned 6 the other day! She had the most funtastical day ever. Actually, it was a whole week of fun with all the Valentine's parties going on. Her special day started with Cupcake Krispies cereal in bed, some boola boola present finding, and her party...
Adrie got roller-blades for her birthday. They only had green ones in her size and luckily she thinks they're very cool. She wears them from the time she gets up to the time she goes to bed...so it's been taking a lot longer lately to get her chores done.
Adrie thought it took FOREVER to get to 1 pm when her party started. She invited a couple of her favorite friends for a fun afternoon. They got their hair styled at the college. CUTE! Brynn got out of school early to come with us per Adrie's request. We had to go somewhere to show off their cute do's so we went to McDonalds for Happy Meals and Playland. This was the only birthday party I've ever put on where I was able to sit down and get 20 pages of a book read! Loved it!
We had homemade mac-n-cheese for dinner (another recipe from Taste Buds) and the above pictured cake, which Adrie had planned on eating all by herself because it was "so small." Two mouthfuls of frosting later she decided she it might be okay to share with the rest of us. We watched Alpha and Omega which was a lot better than I thought it would be. It produced enough laughs from all of us--especially the 6 year old.
Adrie is a super cute and fun girl to have. I get to spend a lot of time with her because it is only her and Cannon at home now. Here are 6 fun facts about Adrie:
1. She's just so cute. She has these perfect lips, kissable cheeks, and sparkly blue eyes that make her my little doll. She likes to ask me what her name would be if she were an Indian, and I always answer "Jewel Eyes."
2. People assume Adrie is as little as she looks and then they're amazed when she opens her mouth and starts to talk. She corrected the hairdressers when they thought she was four. "Actually, I'm six."She learned to talk at an early age. One day when I asked her what she was doing on the computer she said, "I'm building my vocabulary." She explained to her friends recently that it wasn't "proper" to toot.
3. "How many more days until dance?" is Adrie's FAQ. She loves her class, especially now that they are learning some hip hop. She loves to dress up and is very confident on the stage.
4. Adrie is absolutely TERRIFIED of cats and dogs-- and actually anything that moves--even flies. If any of the above were to approach you would hear a scream that would be more consistent with someone being murdered. Therefore she mostly stays at home...good thing she likes to read....
5. Adrie also learned to read at an early age and has been ever since. We can't get her to bed some nights because she is so into a book. Lately she's been poring over the Book of Mormon and we certainly can't tell her to stop reading that and go to bed.
6. I had a friend named Adria growing up and thought it was a beautiful and unique name. I always wanted to name one of my girls Adria Laura but I couldn't convince Brandon on the first. When our 3rd girl came along I thought I might have another chance. Before we went to the hospital we'd narrowed it down to Allie or Adria and decided that when she was born we'd see what name she looked more like. (I know that might seem like a weird concept but I just like to see my babies before I can commit to a name.) Obviously, we thought she looked like the latter. We call her Adrie for short and it seems to be just the right name for our pretty princess.