Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So Romantical

So Brandon came home from work yesterday and said the most magical words to me. He could see I was in the kitchen, busily whipping up a recipe for dinner (from Taste buds are the Best Buds.) And that is when he said those magical words, "What can I do to help?" Did you catch that?
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?

I swear there is nothing more romantic to woman who's swirling around a kitchen of chaos with 3 pots going on the stove, a sink full of dishes, and a house full of children and their friends. And I mean it when I say those words were magical. I felt lighter, practically weightless, just by hearing them. He cleared all the paperwork off the table so Kate could set it and we could enjoy our sweet n sour chicken dinner. He had one very grateful wife!

We went to the Jon Schmidt piano concert last night. It was fabulous and inspiring as great performances are. When I was growing up, my mom took me to all kinds of wonderful cultural events. She was the neighborhood will-call lady for anyone's extra tickets. The symphony, opera, ballet, theatre? If someone couldn't use their tickets they knew my mom would! Sometimes she would get so many she'd be trying to give away the giveaways. I usually ended up accompanying my mom to all these free concerts and I was happy to do it. (My Dad was more of a football/trucks/big guns kind of guy.)

Anyway, I love going out for a night on the town and I'm happy to support whatever entity is willing to bring some Art and Culture to our community. We actually purchased our tickets in advance , but ironically a friend called that afternoon offering me 2 free ones.
I'm just so glad Brandon will go with me! He likes football and any other sport that can be played or televized but he also plays the violin, and he's up for a musical once in a while and that's why he's my Renaissance man, who also knows the meaning of true romance which brings me back to my point...

What's my point? If you want to get crafty (and I know Megz will) you could paint a sign in your entryway. (cc can use her new vinyl machine) Forget, "Live Laugh Love," or "Happily Ever After," What can I do to help? is the phrase that's gonna work some magic in your home. If miracles happen, maybe even the kids will start saying it...

5 comments:

cold cocoa said...

Ha ha! I love it. That is the way to win a woman's heart! Better yet, "why don't you go read a book/relax for an hour, locking the door while i play with the kids. And hold on- here's a pint of Ben and Jerry's to take with you!"
Oh, and along with that "I promise the house will be entirely clean when you come out of the bedroom".
Anyway, glad you married that renaissance man!

Megz said...

Mitch actually went through a stage where he'd ask me that. I think he loved my shrieks of joy upon hearing it, but alas, he's over it.
I think more culture makes it to Richfield than Payson, lucky you!

TisforTonya said...

:) These men of the C family learned their lessons well!

Michelle said...

We in-laws are among the luckiest women alive. What a tribute to two fantastic parents. BD even had a chat with my valentine and he actually took the suggestions. Again--we are very lucky women.

Sherie Christensen said...

My husband says those words lots too. You're right -- it is a very nice thing.