2. DEE'S CEREAL: I think this is the "pulse" that Daniel in the Bible ate to make him so amazingly healthy. It's made of ground up wheat, brown rice, oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, flax seed, corn, cranberries, bananas, oat groats, barley, oat bran, garbanzo beans, and spices. A little goes a long way with this stuff; it is very filling. I like to mix in a tablespoon of coconut oil and some honey with it.
3. REDMOND CLAY: This is a local company that harvests and packages this as a natural cleanser and detoxifier. It can be used internally and externally for myriad purposes. Sprinkled on dry it can heal bad cases of diaper rash. It can be mixed with water to treat hives and bites. Taken internally in a glass of water, it can help with digestive problems. When Cannon had rotavirus this was the only kind of water he could keep down.
4.. REAL SALT--Same local company. It was voted #1 best tasting salt in the taster's choice awards. Unlike the stuff at the store, it's not been bleached or stripped of it's natural nutrients--it's real salt!
5. BOUNTIFUL BASKETS: So glad to have this food co-op in our area. It's like Christmas in the form of produce every week at our house when we pick up our order. You never know what you are going to get except that it will be a variety of half fruits, half veggies. That is the fun of it. We've tried and liked stuff I never would have bought at the store: eggplant, spaghetti squash, persimmons, plantains. And some things we didn't like: brussell sprouts. We've had the most deliciously ripe pineapples, mangoes, pears, and grapes we thought we were eating dessert first.
I always order the nine-grain bread in addition. It makes delicious toast and sandwiches. We have pretty much entirely converted to this bread and I don't think we'll ever be able to eat white again!
6. LED OUTDOOR CHRISTMAS TREE: Let me just explain--we believe in Christmas but there is no way we are climbing up our steep roofline of peaks and gables and attaching Christmas tree lights every year. Brandon could fall and injure his body or worse his brain. We rely on his brain to provide for our family. Why not be festive the easy way! I found this online at homedepot.com. It stands over 5 ft. tall and when you plug it in--viola! It puts on an amazing light show. (I think it's the best show on the street--not that I'm competitive or anything :)
7. ESSENTIAL OILS: I have just started learning about these the last couple of years from friends and I have only scratched the surface on some of the incredible benefits of herbs and oils. We have one blend we use to calm crying kids at night. We use another at the onset of colds/ sore throats to prevent further sickness. I like to put orange oil in my water because it's so refreshing and it helps you absorb water better. We use peppermint for headaches and mint brownies.
8. TREE TOUILLE: Do you see the ribbon like netting cascading down the tree? I don't know what to call it except a lovely accessory to any Christmas tree. I found it at a local decorating store. It comes in rolls, in a variety of colors from brownish gold to bright green to this traditional red/green mix. You just start at the top, roll it down, and nip and tuck it around the branches in a haphazard fashion. I think this was the makeover our tree needed this year. With the extra touch of glitz and oomph, she feels ready to walk down the red carpet. Cost? 10 bucks!
9. LE MYSTERE RENAISSANCE BRA: All I can say is, Hallelujah! I feel like a woman again.