Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Material Girl

We have a fashionista in the family. Ever since Brynn was a wee little girl she has shown her creative side with clothing and hairstyles. Maybe it's because one of our favorite activities is to plop on the couch and go through clothing catalogs we get in the mail (Coldwater Creek is our favorite but any will do) We make a game of it by picking one thing on each page--only ONE. That can be challenging when everything on the page sings to you but, that just makes it all the more fun. (You do this too, right?) I have fun watching the girls with their different tastes in style--not to mention the extraordinarily stunning wardrobe collections we have accumulated--in our imaginations.
Brynn and her sisters were playing babies the other day. They had uncovered a box of old baby clothes out of the basement and were using them to dress their dolls (way to recycle!) I am thinking it was about then in their room that Brynn had her lightbulb moment. Her inner fashion voice spoke out and a few minutes later Brynn paraded out of her room to show us her new school clothes. Here is the new Fall line...Tiny is out, tinier is in, think itsy bitsy baby tiny.
Brynn, wearing her skirt topped with a baby dress (size 3-6 months.)
...Ready for Geography 101 in this sporty outfit, complete with a purple shell (size 0-3 months.)
Borrowing from baby brother's wardrobe, this NEWBORN shirt looked even better when Mom suggested an added under-layer.
Brynn's fashion inspiration is going to be saving us some good $$. Although, maybe she knew deep down she was just going to get Kate's hand-me-downs anyway.
Adrie wanted in on the fun too. Here she is, trying to look comfortable in all those ruffles (size 6 months.) Kinda itchy there, Adrie?

9 comments:

Megz said...

Funny! The best thing was that I wouldn't have blinked twice at those pix if you hadn't mentioned the baby aspect. Well, maybe if I'd seen the before-the-layer pic of the newborn tee I would have been clued in.....
I like how Adrie completed her outfit with tights and shoes. The whole package always sells.

TisforTonya said...

gotta love the "I met my mom at Sevier Valley..." too funny - and a little scary how hip and with it she looks wearing it!

cold cocoa said...

Great idea Brynn!

We like to keep the clothes magazines and then cut out models and outfits and glue them on some construction paper. It's great to keep a few magazines around for those rainy day fashion projects!

cold cocoa said...

I am Belle too. Let's see some more princess quiz takers!

Megz said...

OK. I was Mulan and I was a little ticked about it. Some of those answers just didn't work and I had to settle. But Mulan?? I don't even think I watched that one. I really wanted to be Sleeping Beauty....

Sherie Christensen said...

Hmm I think I missed the "princess quiz". I don't remember getting clothes magazines when my girls were little and any good sense of style they got probably was without my help. The big tee shirt and jeans was always my style. Brynn is cute even in baby clothes and I'm impressed she could get them on and then off again! Adrie looks very girly in the little dress.

Sherie Christensen said...

I found the quiz. I guess I'm Pocahantas. I don't think they decided that by how close I resemble her in looks!

LC said...

Megz, I would have pegged you for Mulan. She's awesome--a tomboy who blossoms into a princess. Watch the movie with Noelle sometime.

TisforTonya said...

I wanted to be Mulan! I guess I can just go take the quiz again and try harder to be headstrong and against the grain? I guess Pocahontas is okay though - she does have great skin tone :)