Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring Break/Egg Hunts

It's official. Grandma is the strongest person we know. All the kids tried to beat her and all the kids were humbled. 
 We had a couple of days off for Spring Break. We spent one of those at Grandma and Grandpas. They took us to the new hot spot in town where you could get smoothies, shaved ice, and fancy, or dirty drinks, as some might say.
 Lots of pretty blossoms everywhere. What a beautiful time of year unless you have allergies. Fortunately none of us do...
 Saturday morning brought Easter Egg Hunts. 61 people of all ages= 6 separate hunts.


 The kids scored lots of candy. I scored a $20, and a $10 and a $5 which I am slightly embarrassed to say means I must have cleaned house!
Lunch for the masses. Hooray for the first barbeque of the year!!

Grandma and Grandpa also spent some time with us going over the old photos and some stories of their parents, grandparents, and great grandparents all the way back from Denmark  They told our kids that all these people who have gone before and many more on my side were all looking out for them and supporting them. We are never alone.  This was really cool to think about, and something that I have felt strongly, especially since my parents deaths. I believe they have had more power to bless me than they did when they were on the earth. And to think there are generations of them!   I was very grateful my kids could receive gentle teachings this weekend from wise grandparents. We parents can use all the help we can get!  What a nice way to bring in Easter Sunday...





It's

No comments: